If you are looking to get married to a British citizen or a permanent resident in the UK you may be eligible for fiancé/ fiancée visa.
Abrahams Law Immigration lawyers have great experience in processing un-married couple visas. We understand the importance of ensuring that applications are done correctly at the first instance. It is often due to technical reasons that many applications fall at the first stage, leading to unnecessary appeals and costs.
One of our highly experienced and dedicated Abrahams Law Immigration lawyers will work with you at every stage of your application, providing updates on the progress of your application.
Age Criteria for a Fiance / Fiancee Visa Requirements
- You and your fiance / fiancee must be 21 years of age or over
Relationship Criteria for a Fiance / Fiancee Visa Requirements
- Must have met each other
- You and your partner must intend to get married within a six month period
- You intend to live together permanently
- You must be able to support yourself, or be supported by your partner, without access to public funds
- There must be adequate accommodation in place
- You will be granted a 6 month visa in which to come to the UK and get married. They are not allowed to work while on this visa
- You must then apply for a marriage visa once married, which if successful, gives you 2 years to live and work without restrictions in the UK
- If the relationship is still continuing after this 2 year period, applicants may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
Do you have a Immigration question?
Enquiry form which stays contiously right side of page etc